Sweet Potato Mushroom Carbonara
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup of Cashews
- ⅔ cup of Water
- 2 tsp Tamari or Soy
- 8oz Maitake Mushrooms (or desired shroom, cook times may vary)
- 3-5 sprigs of Parsley
*Preheat oven to 400° F
- Peel the maitake mushrooms from each other in strips.
- Add 1/8th tsp liquid smoke, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp tamari or soy sauce. Mix all ingredients together and set aside to marinate for 15-20 min.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and taste. Add ½ tsp tamari and toss if the desired saltiness is not there.
- Peel & spiralize the sweet potatoes and add salt & pepper
- Add the Sweet Potatoes to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes .
- Take Sweet Potatoes out of the oven and check to see if they are to your desired texture. You do not want these too soft.
The sweet potatoes and mushrooms can be roasted at the same time while you make your sauce.
Cashew Carbonara Sauce:
- Soak 1 cup of cashews with ⅔ cups of water for 1 hour.
- Add cashews & the soaking water, 2 cloves of garlic, ⅛ tsp liquid smoke, juice of ½ lemon, pinch of salt to taste, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, blend until smooth.
You can add this to a pot or pan and heat on very low until warm. Add a couple tbsp of water to the mixture if it becomes too thick.
- Add the sweet potato noodles to a bowl or plate
- Drizzle the desired amount of carbonara sauce over the top of the noodles.
- Add mushrooms.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon and serve.
Also in RECIPES
With our Zoom recipe classes, you're not just making a meal with us but also learning about the health benefits and impact each ingredient used can have on our body.
Our plant-based twist on a classic salad dressing and sometimes pizza condiment – Ranch Dressing!
Learn how to make our Daily Super Salad. This is a great way to accumulate so many nutritions dark leafy greens, fruits & vegetables all in one meal.