Sweet Potato Mushroom Carbonara
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup of Cashews
- ⅔ cup of Water
- 2 tsp Tamari or Soy
- 8oz Maitake Mushrooms (or desired shroom, cook times may vary)
- 3-5 sprigs of Parsley
*Preheat oven to 400° F
- Peel the maitake mushrooms from each other in strips.
- Add 1/8th tsp liquid smoke, ½ tsp smoked paprika, ½ tsp tamari or soy sauce. Mix all ingredients together and set aside to marinate for 15-20 min.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and taste. Add ½ tsp tamari and toss if the desired saltiness is not there.
- Peel & spiralize the sweet potatoes and add salt & pepper
- Add the Sweet Potatoes to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes .
- Take Sweet Potatoes out of the oven and check to see if they are to your desired texture. You do not want these too soft.
The sweet potatoes and mushrooms can be roasted at the same time while you make your sauce.
Cashew Carbonara Sauce:
- Soak 1 cup of cashews with ⅔ cups of water for 1 hour.
- Add cashews & the soaking water, 2 cloves of garlic, ⅛ tsp liquid smoke, juice of ½ lemon, pinch of salt to taste, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, blend until smooth.
You can add this to a pot or pan and heat on very low until warm. Add a couple tbsp of water to the mixture if it becomes too thick.
- Add the sweet potato noodles to a bowl or plate
- Drizzle the desired amount of carbonara sauce over the top of the noodles.
- Add mushrooms.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon and serve.
Also in RECIPES
Join us LIVE on ZOOM and cook with us! We will make Spanish rice, walnut taco "meat", cilantro-avocado-lime sauce & more from scratch to create an amazing latin-inspired rice bowl.
If you're looking for a healthy dessert, look no further! This is an incredibly easy recipe to make and highly rewarding in the taste department.
We've got another incredibly healthy and tasty recipe for you to make at home! This recipe is an asian inspired noodle dish called the 𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐙𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐰𝐥.